How to join GSSB (or renew)
You can join or renew your GSSB membership either online or in person. Memberships are good for a calendar year and expire on December 31st. New members joining after September 1 will have their member status made active from that time through December 31 of the following year.
Current members will begin seeing renewal notices after October 15 when they log into the website. You must be logged in to renew online. Clicking above will redirect you to log in to your member profile page where you can then renew. ** The society is also offering a free membership and copy of the GSSB book "Two Cemeteries At Melbourne" for certain donations. Click here for details.
|Type of Membership
||PayPal or Card Online
||By Mail or at Meeting
|Household Membership (two people in same house)
- NEW MEMBERS join using the New Membership button above.
- CURRENT MEMBERS upon logging in starting on October 15 each year, will receive a message at the top of the page telling how many days remain in your GSSB membership. You can renew by going to your Profile page and clicking the "Renew Membership" tab. You can use your PayPal account or a credit card (also handled by PayPal). If you've already renewed you should not receive the notice to renew when logging in. At any time, you can verify your membership expiration date in the "Dues & Renewal" section of the profile page.
BY MAIL or IN PERSON: $25.
- BY MAIL: New and Renewal memberships can also be completed by mail if you would prefer. Mail your check or money order payable to "GSSB" along with a printed copy of the Membership Form. The mailing address is on the form (Attn: GSSB Membership Chair, Post Office Box 786, Melbourne, FL 32902-0786). To receive your membership card by return mail, please include a stamped, self-addressed envelope. Be sure to list an active email since many of our services are provided by email, including initial login information.
- IN PERSON: Bring your check or cash, and membership form to a meeting, program or special event you are attending (see Schedule of Events) to give to the membership chair person or other society representative.
- IN CLASS: If you attend the Basic Genealogy Class, the $35 class fee includes an annual membership for new members or a one year membership extension for current members.